Iron Maiden - El Dorado is the new single and it's available

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
Feanor l'invincible

Iron Maiden - El Dorado is the new single and it's available

#1 Post by Feanor l'invincible » 08 Jun 2010 11:04

Well well , Maiden is back.

Maiden reveals tracklist , artcover and release date for the new album , and here is the news posted on the Steve Harris's page on Facebook :
The release date for IRON MAIDEN’S new studio album THE FINAL FRONTIER is now confirmed for Monday 16th August. The new album pictured here features artwork illustrated by Melvyn Grant and, to mark the occasion, the band have made special arrangements for one new album track 'EL DORADO' to be made available Worldwide as a FREE digital download MP3 with immediate effect. Click here for your free download (US fans, please go here).

Singer Bruce Dickinson explains ‘El Dorado is a preview of the forthcoming studio album. As we will be including it in the set of our Final Frontier World Tour (which opens in Dallas On 9th June - full dates below) we thought it would be great to thank all our fans and get them into The Final Frontier mood by giving them this song up front of the tour and album release’

The band reunited with long-time Maiden producer Kevin “Caveman” Shirley in early 2010 at Compass Point Studios, Nassau to record the album and then moved to LA to finish the recording and do the mixing. Compass Point Studio is very familiar to the band, it was where they recorded the Piece Of Mind (’83), Powerslave (’84) and Somewhere In Time (’86) albums.

Bruce comments “The studio had the same vibe and it was EXACTLY as it had been in 1983, NOTHING had changed! Even down to the broken shutter in the corner...same carpet....everything... It was really quite spooky. But we felt very relaxed in such a familiar and well-trodden environment and I think this shows in the playing and the atmosphere of the album”

Thirty years on from their eponymous debut album in April 1980, The Final Frontier will be Maiden’s 15th studio album, making a remarkable average of a new album every two years for 30 years and totalling over 80 million album sales during this period.

The full tracklisting for the album (total running time 76:35) is:

THE FINAL FRONTIER
1. Satellite 15....The Final Frontier 8:40
2. El Dorado 6:49
3. Mother Of Mercy 5:20
4. Coming Home 5:52
5. The Alchemist 4:29
6. Isle Of Avalon 9:06
7. Starblind 7:48
8. The Talisman 9:03
9. The Man Who Would Be King 8:28
10. When The Wild Wind Blows 10:59
The Final Frontier World Tour begins in Dallas on June 9th with 25 shows in major cities across the USA and Canada, playing to an expected 350,000 fans or more. Following this the tour will ship over to Europe starting in Dublin on July 30 and playing a few selected major festivals and stadiums , finishing in Valencia, Spain, on Aug 21 and including a concert in Transylvania.

Says bass player and founder member Steve Harris “We’re hugely excited about this tour. I think the fans will really like the brand new stage production and lights and we will also be debuting one of the new album tracks , El Dorado. Our Texan fans will be the very first people anywhere to hear it live, so it will be interesting to see their reaction and how it goes down with the crowd on the night! Eddie has changed a bit for this tour but is possibly the most outrageous one to date... I can’t say too much about him as don’t want to spoil the surprise but I guarantee he will scare the hell out of you!”

Here you can find the new single , it's free! :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3HCHyhauI0

Enjoy!!
THE CURSE OF FEANOR RUNS LONG!

t.a.j.

Re: Iron Maiden - El Dorado is the new single and it's avail

#2 Post by t.a.j. » 08 Jun 2010 11:17

Oh God, I adore the cover! Great style!
Song is quite good, too.
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

Joost

#3 Post by Joost » 08 Jun 2010 14:32

The instrumental section in the middle has Powerslave/Somewhere in Time vibes, which I really appreciate.

Seems to be a bit of a step away from the Brave New World/Dance of Death/A Matter of... style. (And the lead guitar sound in the beginning, from 0:07 onwards, just must be a reference to Wasted Years)
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

Sentinel

#4 Post by Sentinel » 08 Jun 2010 14:32

The cover looks absolutely awesome, and I'll check out the new song as soon as I'm at home!
Free are those who walk away from setting suns
Free are those who laugh at chains that held them bound
Free are those who conquer in vain but won't stop to run
Battered and down you pick up your pieces
To rise as one!

Joost

#5 Post by Joost » 08 Jun 2010 14:38

It seems many people are quite unhappy with this song, but the part starting at 3:17 simply has to be the most classic Maiden-sounding part I've heard in many years.
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

Sentinel

#6 Post by Sentinel » 08 Jun 2010 14:54

Joost wrote:The instrumental section in the middle has Powerslave/Somewhere in Time vibes[...]
And the lead guitar sound in the beginning, from 0:07 onwards, just must be a reference to Wasted Years
Joost wrote:It seems many people are quite unhappy with this song[...]
What is there still left to wish for? Seriously, what is wrong with these people?
Free are those who walk away from setting suns
Free are those who laugh at chains that held them bound
Free are those who conquer in vain but won't stop to run
Battered and down you pick up your pieces
To rise as one!

t.a.j.

#7 Post by t.a.j. » 08 Jun 2010 15:13

The solo section is indeed classic and very nice. I also like how different the different solos are.

And I absolutely need to get either a big print of the single cover or a vinyl version of it. Just great.
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

Palantyre

#8 Post by Palantyre » 08 Jun 2010 15:15

Sentinel wrote:
Joost wrote:It seems many people are quite unhappy with this song[...]
What is there still left to wish for? Seriously, what is wrong with these people?
I guess the song isn't catchy enough or something. :P

I quite like the new song really. I think it could use some more gusto, or drive, or energy, or whatever one might wanna call it... but it's a good tune as it is.

Also I agree about the cover art, it's awesome. Sure as hell beats the half-assed CGI of the Dance of Death cover. :lol:
And The Lord said unto John: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'.
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.

spamel

#9 Post by spamel » 08 Jun 2010 16:27

It starts a bit like Speed King! It isn't like anything else they've done before, it seems they are trying something new. The single cover, in the classic comic style, looks great. Again, the album cover is like no other album cover before, totally different and I think it looks a little out of place but I'm sure it will grow on me!
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

The Rider Of Rohan

#10 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 08 Jun 2010 18:38

I think it's an instant classic. This song will be killer on expert, if you catch my drift.

- The sound is dynamic and although the band has sounded heavy-er, I like the fact that it has an old-school feel.
- Solo's are good, this is what ppl expect from Maiden
- I also like the albumcover
- The songtitles sound promising, I love that Maiden is exploring mythology/fantasy a bit more (Isle of Avalon)

It's not the best song ever, but I love it lots and look forward to the album.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Orodaran

#11 Post by Orodaran » 08 Jun 2010 19:38

Listening to it right now, it's weird, but I dig it and I appreciate that they seem to have come up with something different 8)

Now, where is Eddie supposed to be on the album cover???
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Feanor l'invincible

#12 Post by Feanor l'invincible » 09 Jun 2010 11:30

Very catchy chorus :o
THE CURSE OF FEANOR RUNS LONG!

Desert_Storm

#13 Post by Desert_Storm » 09 Jun 2010 13:35

Joost wrote: (And the lead guitar sound in the beginning, from 0:07 onwards, just must be a reference to Wasted Years)
I initially thought the same. I also find that the beginning of the song sounds like the end of a previous, like in a live show. The same goes for the ending, with drumfills and bass/lead guitar playing scales up and down.
Very nice song, though not as nice as the cover ;)
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

MarchOfTime

#14 Post by MarchOfTime » 09 Jun 2010 15:46

First of All....That's the sickest album cover ever

:lol:

also, I can't say I was ever the biggest fan of Iron Maiden (I only have Piece of mind, Number of the beast, and a few singles), but I look foward to the new album, it seems kind of concept-y in the "INCREDIBLE SCIFI STORIES FROM THE FINAL FRONTIER" thing, which is a major plus for me.
Bow down in the platinum maze
Twilight cathedrals spread the system plague
Forging sacred thrones in the void unseen
Merciless judgement in the church of the machine

Twister

#15 Post by Twister » 09 Jun 2010 20:54

I liked the song very much, can be a grower. Positive feelings anyway, way better than AMLOAD. Looking forward to the album :)
"Well, I was about to announce the next song, but I think we'll have to skip it...
Yeah, because we have a pretty sad song here, and you all seem so happy to me...!"

(Hansi Kursch)

End Of An Era

#16 Post by End Of An Era » 09 Jun 2010 22:13

i am still skeptical about the rest of the album, but i must admit, this first song sounds good!!! waaaay better than i had expected, i was kind of indifferent about IM the last couple of years, but this is good stuf!! :)
Last edited by End Of An Era on 10 Jun 2010 22:22, edited 1 time in total.

blind-man

#17 Post by blind-man » 09 Jun 2010 22:27

I thought it sounded boring and uninspired. But then again, I've never been a huge Maiden fan.
Orodaran wrote:I don't need to look metal in my looks because I am metal in my heart 8)

yamasidious

#18 Post by yamasidious » 12 Jun 2010 21:44

I give a big Metal Horns up to the new Maiden song! Not their best but it's new Maiden that's all that matters!

West Virginia Mule

#19 Post by West Virginia Mule » 13 Jun 2010 08:48

Yes, I'm a disciple of the Iron Maidens for the last forever and a day, but this song doesn't give me the creepy good shivers. I like parts of it, yessum, but what I don’t like is the stooopid "big" beginning before the real song starts 30 seconds in...and also the near-spoken-word verse vocal parts. Don't like that stuff s’much, nope. But the rest is cool enough beans, including the, yeah, the artwork stuffs.

And for the record, for those of you keeping score at home, I felt every second of AMOLAD was Iron Maiden perfection. *big popping wet kiss* Perfect, baby. Nowhere to go but down from there. Maybe sideways.
KILROY WAS HERE

The Rider Of Rohan

#20 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 13 Jun 2010 12:53

You actually liked AMOLAD? Hmm.... I'll think I'll give it a second chance then. Surely didn't like it when it came out, but perhaps I'll change my mind.

I do find that I am getting all wound up about this new IM-album and tour, possibly more about this one than the new BG. You have got to give the band credit for creating a legacy as awesome as this.

Kindof makes me sad that at one point there'll be a world without a Maiden.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Orodaran

#21 Post by Orodaran » 13 Jun 2010 13:46

Don't make me think about it... especially right after having lost Dio and being faced with how all the "metal gods" (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath) have so few years left before retiring...
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Desert_Storm

#22 Post by Desert_Storm » 13 Jun 2010 14:54

West Virginia Mule wrote: And for the record, for those of you keeping score at home, I felt every second of AMOLAD was Iron Maiden perfection.
Same here.

Kalmari

#23 Post by Kalmari » 13 Jun 2010 17:36

AMOLAD is in maiden's top 5 albums IMO

Desert_Storm

#24 Post by Desert_Storm » 13 Jun 2010 17:58

That would make which ones 4-1? :wink:

The Rider Of Rohan

#25 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 13 Jun 2010 19:05

Orodaran wrote:Don't make me think about it... especially right after having lost Dio and being faced with how all the "metal gods" (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath) have so few years left before retiring...
I feel the same, but I feel a lot better when I think that we are part of a blessed generation.

When I came into rock and metal, all the bands that had founded if were disbanded or just not the same. When I started listening to metal there was no way to imagine that Judas Priest would get back together with Halford, Bruce would ever return to Maiden and Black Sabbath would return to their two greatest line-ups (Ozzy and Dio). Same thing with Slayer, Warlock, Europe, Accept, Metal Church, Exodus, Merciful Fate, SOD, Destruction, and a lot more I cannot remember right now.

I never imagined I would be able to see those bands they way they were meant to be when I heard them for the first time. Yet those bands got back together, making our generation probably the last generation who were able to see and experience live all the bands which founded the genre.

So yes, in a way it is sad that we will live to see members of mentioned bands dying of old age one by one. But at the same time we can consider ourselves to have been lucky to have been a part of what has been the first 40 years of heavy metal. The 12 year old kid getting into metal right now doesn't share the same privilege.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Orodaran

#26 Post by Orodaran » 13 Jun 2010 19:45

Well, how to not agree with you 8)
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

The Rider Of Rohan

#27 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 13 Jun 2010 20:45

Cool. From now on I propose that when another metal-legend dies we don't mourn his death, but we celebrate his life.

It's how I would've wanted things to be if I kicked the bucket. 8)
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Kalmari

#28 Post by Kalmari » 13 Jun 2010 21:58

Desert_Storm wrote:That would make which ones 4-1? :wink:
Too hard to put them to justifying places ;) but in no order they would be

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
A Matter Of Life And Death
Piece Of Mind
Somewhere In Time
The Number Of The Beast

TraneDeracs

#29 Post by TraneDeracs » 14 Jun 2010 17:03

The song is good. Very likeable yet I feel they could have gone further with the sound they were embarking upon with AMOLAD. At first the album didn't seem metal enough to me and carried with it too much of a rock vibe, but after giving it a chance it is clearly a great album.

As for the new single I feel it's a step back for Maiden. Awesome song don't get me wrong but I felt the way they were progressing was showing more wisdom and maturity in song writing with age. Nonetheless, good song. Reminds me of the old days.

The cover leaves more to be desired though. I...don't honestly know what's going on, then again I somewhat of a Derek Riggs purist. I wish they'd get him back for the covers.

The Rider Of Rohan

#30 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 14 Jun 2010 21:18

So do I, but at least it is better than the Dance Of Death cover.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Palantyre

#31 Post by Palantyre » 14 Jun 2010 22:45

I quite like the cover a lot, except for (the supposed) Eddie not looking like Eddie.
And The Lord said unto John: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'.
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#32 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 15 Jun 2010 23:54

UUUHHHH!!BARRACUDA!!!
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢