Tristania

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
OllieS

Tristania

#1 Post by OllieS » 10 Sep 2009 18:53

Band is awesome, check them out now. I recommend starting with 'Beyond The Veil'; it's an amazing album, think Symphonic Metal but actually good (and not overly symphonic :mrgreen:), as well as some wicked Extreme Metal influences.

Enjoy!

somnia

Re: Tristania

#2 Post by somnia » 10 Sep 2009 19:26

No, start with World Of Glass.
Then, if you like black metal, go backwards. If you're more of a gothic or prog metal type, go forwards.

Tristania used to be a Black influenced Gothic Metal band, but now they're Gothic Metal Of Fire.

(There used to be a Tristania topic around here, was that deleted when the forums changed?)
power progressive metal: polimat
game music and soundtrack: dogac yavuz

t.a.j.

#3 Post by t.a.j. » 10 Sep 2009 20:02

Actually the first EP and debut album are pretty much exactly what was called gothic metal or gothic death or beauty and the beast metal in the 90ties. It has next to nothing to do with black metal. Only starting with their second full length, the aforementioned Beyond The Veil, did they incorporated black metal styled vocals, though musically they still had nothing to do with black metal and to the best of my knowledge still don't.
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

somnia

#4 Post by somnia » 10 Sep 2009 20:05

t.a.j. wrote:Actually the first EP and debut album are pretty much exactly what was called gothic metal or gothic death or beauty and the beast metal in the 90ties. It has next to nothing to do with black metal. Only starting with their second full length, the aforementioned Beyond The Veil, did they incorporated black metal styled vocals, though musically they still had nothing to do with black metal and to the best of my knowledge still don't.
Of course, because they were influenced by Black Metal Of Fire.
power progressive metal: polimat
game music and soundtrack: dogac yavuz

TraneDeracs

#5 Post by TraneDeracs » 11 Sep 2009 16:56

I want Vebeke back. She was the essence to the band.