Blind Guardian's 10th Album, "Beyond the Red Mirror"

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Paspallás

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#1251 Post by Paspallás » 22 Jan 2015 02:29

According to some interview which I read recently (unfortunately, I cannot put here the link), Doom would be one of those old songs that were not included in NIME, actually, if I am not wrong, it has always had this title (the other I think had the name "of dwarves and elves" or something similar). It really makes me happy to see that "I will listen to a new NIME song" and I dream of the day in which they will release a NIME with all the songs in it (Doom, Harvest of Sorrow and the one left) and in their proper order.

BTW, I am new here, nice to meet you all.

ErHaO

#1252 Post by ErHaO » 22 Jan 2015 02:42

Interesting. Since they recorded it last year, I do think it would sound odd placing it with the old NIME, though. I am expecting the song to sound just as modern (and badly produced :P) as Beyond the Red mirror.

T3hOverlord

#1253 Post by T3hOverlord » 22 Jan 2015 03:44

Tom_Bombadil wrote: but the part at 1.32-1.34 of The Holy Grail, where I already heard it?? :shock:
It reminds me of the "Spiritus sanctus, vita aeterna" from Quest For Tanelorn, ha

Light of Eärendil

#1254 Post by Light of Eärendil » 22 Jan 2015 04:33

LIsteining to it right now... MY GOD!! This has to be the most grand, epic, melodic, heavy laden on vocals and choirs album of Blind Guardian!! I have nothing against the production or the audio, it sounds great on my audio equipment and I'm sure the vinyl will sound 100 times better, I already ordered it... multiple eargasms...

blindgfan

#1255 Post by blindgfan » 22 Jan 2015 05:01

Wow, Distant Memories is the Nightfall of this album! Thanks for saving it! It's like a handshake between parts 1 and 2.

Zhuge Liang

#1256 Post by Zhuge Liang » 22 Jan 2015 05:39

Can anyone make out the lyrics surrounding this lyric from At The Edge of Time?

"They call me a ???
There are none who survive"
Followed by two more lines I can't make out.

Really like how that part is sung and sounds overall.
"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." -Zhuge Liang

T3hOverlord

#1257 Post by T3hOverlord » 22 Jan 2015 06:18

Zhuge Liang wrote:Can anyone make out the lyrics surrounding this lyric from At The Edge of Time?

"They call me a ???
There are none who survive"
Followed by two more lines I can't make out.

Really like how that part is sung and sounds overall.
i think its They call me eclipse?

OmegaSlayer

#1258 Post by OmegaSlayer » 22 Jan 2015 08:52

Dudes, reunions happens.
In 10 years people and their priorities change.
Some times the problem is who's going to make the call first.
I don't have a problem in sounding a dick to BG and to you all if there's a chance I can put in the guys' heads the idea: "maybe we should give a call to Thomas and check how he's doing".
I seriously doubt there have been any call from both sides as from interviews you get to know that the guys keep in check with each other only for the bands' business.
And I don't see them talking about it during tours which are already stressful.

Would you tell your best friend that you caught his wife cheating on him, or would you wait and hope that he realizes it by himself then say "I knew it"?
I'm the one that would tell him, eventually facing his rage but being there for him anyway.

There are issues with the drumming in the latest records, everyone here realized it, I found hypocrite to not say it if I have the chance or if I try to give them a sweeter pill.
Adults don't need sweeter pills.
It's because I consider Blind Guardian long time friends that I don't want to lie to them.

I don't ask you to support me and my rude ways.

Tom_Bombadil

#1259 Post by Tom_Bombadil » 22 Jan 2015 11:09

T3hOverlord wrote:
Tom_Bombadil wrote: but the part at 1.32-1.34 of The Holy Grail, where I already heard it?? :shock:
It reminds me of the "Spiritus sanctus, vita aeterna" from Quest For Tanelorn, ha
Of course!! That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you :D

arenamaster

#1260 Post by arenamaster » 22 Jan 2015 14:20

Sacred Mind has the most addicting chrous ever

MY XAAAAANNNNNAAAAADUUUUUUUUUUUU
Each step I take,
May it hurt may it ache
Leads me further
Away from the past!
But as long as I breathe,
Each smile in my bleak face,
I'm on my way to find
Back to the peace of mind!

Edain

#1261 Post by Edain » 22 Jan 2015 15:05

Indeed, the Sacred Mind-chorus is stuck in my head after only two spins in two days.

Still "The Throne" is the true masterpiece on this album, as somebody else already stated. Unlike the other three main orchestral pieces it flows flawlessly, has a wonderful and tight symbiosis of orchestra and band - and if that rhytmical, dramatic prechorus followed by that soaring and glorious chorus doesn't plug your heartstrings, you have no soul.

This is the spiritual successor to And then there was Silence. It's less "trying new elements" than Ninth Wave, less orchestra-centerend than ATEOT and less folky than Grand Parade. That's how an "epic" song with equally ranking metalband, orchestra and choir should sound like.

Bold words after two listens, I know. :mrgreen:
"Edis Rehto Eht Morf Snoitanigami!"

bestpike

#1262 Post by bestpike » 22 Jan 2015 15:11

OmegaSlayer wrote:Dudes, reunions happens.
I don't have a problem in sounding a dick to BG and to you all if there's a chance I can put in the guys' heads the idea: "maybe we should give a call to Thomas and check how he's doing".
I seriously doubt there have been any call from both sides as from interviews you get to know that the guys keep in check with each other only for the bands' business.

Would you tell your best friend that you caught his wife cheating on him, or would you wait and hope that he realizes it by himself then say "I knew it"?
I'm the one that would tell him, eventually facing his rage but being there for him anyway.

There are issues with the drumming in the latest records, everyone here realized it, I found hypocrite to not say it if I have the chance or if I try to give them a sweeter pill.
It's because I consider Blind Guardian long time friends that I don't want to lie to them.

Well, this is not like couples breakup, where what you are saying is valid, it's more like Thomen had problems and the band decided to replace him. So, there is no ambiguity here for who should take the first step: Thomen needs to fix the reasons for the breakup (if they are fixable even), and then get back to BG for re-joining, and if the rest of the band agrees then good! Although you know, I don't see BG as the type who would kick out easily Frederik just for Thomen to rejoin. Especially after 10 years. The embarrassment would be very high if Thomen falters again. What drummer would want to join them after that?
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

bestpike

#1263 Post by bestpike » 22 Jan 2015 15:24

Ninth Wave 3:53-4:25, what the hell am I listening? orgasmic
Forever to be free

Wizard's Crown

#1264 Post by Wizard's Crown » 22 Jan 2015 15:35

bestpike wrote:Ninth Wave 3:53-4:25, what the hell am I listening? orgasmic
At first I thought that the best song is the throne but after the days go by the chorus that is stuck to my mind the one from ninth wave...incredible song straight from ANATO but with some new tricks..

Master

#1265 Post by Master » 22 Jan 2015 15:49

Also right now Thomen is injured and Serious Black had to find a replacement for the tour. So, I really don't get why you are hoping for a come back. I think his drumming on ANATO or Nightfall is outstanding, but in his early days I didn't like him very much; also remember that if I'm not wrong Fredrich is almost 10 years younger (which I think is very important for a drummer).

ent

#1266 Post by ent » 22 Jan 2015 15:55

Finally that the sound is not plastic like on the album ATEOT, praise! :) :) :) :) :)

album is very interesting. reminds to albums IFTOS, NIME and ANATO :)
CROATIAN BARD

Blind Guardian Croatian Bards
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blind-Gua ... 0227785608

OmegaSlayer

#1267 Post by OmegaSlayer » 22 Jan 2015 16:37

Master wrote:Also right now Thomen is injured and Serious Black had to find a replacement for the tour. So, I really don't get why you are hoping for a come back. I think his drumming on ANATO or Nightfall is outstanding, but in his early days I didn't like him very much; also remember that if I'm not wrong Fredrich is almost 10 years younger (which I think is very important for a drummer).
A drum machine doesn't age or get injured and gives you the same things that Frederik does.
They even sound the same.

I get it, you're cool with the drum change and how the drum section sounds.
I'm not, we just disagree.

Dragonfly

#1268 Post by Dragonfly » 22 Jan 2015 16:42

So how many orchestral songs are there on the new album? Four or five?
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

arenamaster

#1269 Post by arenamaster » 22 Jan 2015 17:03

OmegaSlayer wrote:
Master wrote:Also right now Thomen is injured and Serious Black had to find a replacement for the tour. So, I really don't get why you are hoping for a come back. I think his drumming on ANATO or Nightfall is outstanding, but in his early days I didn't like him very much; also remember that if I'm not wrong Fredrich is almost 10 years younger (which I think is very important for a drummer).
A drum machine doesn't age or get injured and gives you the same things that Frederik does.
They even sound the same.

I get it, you're cool with the drum change and how the drum section sounds.
I'm not, we just disagree.
spoiler alert tho thomen wasn't even that great to begin with

like someone said above his work on NiME and ANATO was fantastic but before that he could've easily been generic metal drummer #2. i mean shit, have you even heard savage circus? holy fucking boring
Last edited by arenamaster on 22 Jan 2015 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
Each step I take,
May it hurt may it ache
Leads me further
Away from the past!
I'm on my way to find

arenamaster

#1270 Post by arenamaster » 22 Jan 2015 17:03

the heart and soul of BG has always been hansi and andre
Each step I take,
May it hurt may it ache
Leads me further
Away from the past!
I'm on my way to find

thanandar

#1271 Post by thanandar » 22 Jan 2015 18:16

Dragonfly wrote:
Feanor l'invincible wrote:Can't find the acoustic part by Marcus on "Distant Memories"...
Maybe it's 'Doom' then? Judging by the title it may be a pretty dark song...
Then, "Doom" has to be the new "The Quest for Tanelorn". Otherwise, it will be a disappointment

Avelar

#1272 Post by Avelar » 22 Jan 2015 19:14

arenamaster wrote:the heart and soul of BG has always been hansi and andre
It's true that Hansi and Andre are the main moving force but I've always considered Marcus an integral part of Blind Guardian's soul, can't imagine the band without him. Don't know if I can say this about drummers. I first heard about BG when Thomen had already left.
Edain wrote:Indeed, the Sacred Mind-chorus is stuck in my head after only two spins in two days.
On the contrary, I can't remember how Sacred Mind sounds even after 10 spins :lol: It's the least memorable song on the album for me :?
The real highlights for now are At The Edge Of Time and The Throne.
Just keep in mind, this world is sacred.

bard_92

#1273 Post by bard_92 » 22 Jan 2015 21:34

I agree! For me the gems of this album and also songs that have a potential to become more than a classics are The Ninth Wave, At The Edge Of Time(best song of the album for me), The Throne, Prophecies and Miracle Machine!!! As for Grand Parade - it a musical chef d'oeuvre...but still difficult to me! I like the classical direction with this one - it might become one of my favourites, but probably demands a lot of time!

Best vocals of the album - At The Edge Of Time ending.....
Best orchestration melodies - again this one to me...

Anyway, the album is amazing!!! I have to say that TOTG is also a massive song, I like it!

Orodaran

#1274 Post by Orodaran » 22 Jan 2015 21:45

Fast forward to a couple of years, after the tour cycle for Beyond the Red Mirror is done and a reunion happens, and then during an interview:
"How did the reunion come to pass?"
"Well, we had this chat on Reddit and a fan told us we should bring Thomen back, so we thought about giving him a call and things led one to another and he's back"

..................yeah, sounds likely. :roll:
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

arenamaster

#1275 Post by arenamaster » 22 Jan 2015 21:55

Orodaran wrote:
Fast forward to a couple of years, after the tour cycle for Beyond the Red Mirror is done and a reunion happens, and then during an interview:
"Well, we had this chat on Reddit and a fan told us we should bring Thomen back, so we thought about giving him a call and things led one to another and he's back"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Each step I take,
May it hurt may it ache
Leads me further
Away from the past!
I'm on my way to find

OmegaSlayer

#1276 Post by OmegaSlayer » 22 Jan 2015 22:50

Orodaran wrote:

You know why life is worth living?
Because it's unpredictable.

Freak666

#1277 Post by Freak666 » 22 Jan 2015 23:08

OmegaSlayer wrote:
Orodaran wrote:

Too sad I can't like this post as the forums software is waaaaaaaays too old. :)

bestpike

#1278 Post by bestpike » 22 Jan 2015 23:11

I don't know if this is the best BG album, but in terms of how fast it hooked me in, this is number one by far.
Forever to be free

Master

#1279 Post by Master » 22 Jan 2015 23:40

Just an interesting thing I noticed. I don't know if it's Hansi himself or Andrè's guitar's wah-wah in "Grand Parade", that after the chorus "says" something like "parade". Need to listen it on the stereo, when I'm going to have the cd. Reminded me of "I'm left alone" part in "Punishement divine". Did anyone else notice it?

Rokubota

#1280 Post by Rokubota » 22 Jan 2015 23:55

OmegaSlayer wrote:
Orodaran wrote:

Charlie gets a lot more criticism from fans and the guys in BG don't give a shit, he will be the producer in the next record. Frederik is here to stay beacuse the guys in the band are happy with him and his playing.

You can't force this kind of things on them.

Master

#1281 Post by Master » 23 Jan 2015 00:08

I was quite concerned about the production, after having heard "Twilight of the gods" on my stereo in cd-version, but hearing this mp3 file of the whole record it doesn't seem to me that they have done a bad job in terms of production. Maybe I was not used to downtuned guitars, and this is the main reason why "Twilight of the gods" and "The ninth wave" sound in a strange way...more "obscure" but not very well defined. It surely gives the modern touch they were looking for, but I don't like it so much.

Zhuge Liang

#1282 Post by Zhuge Liang » 23 Jan 2015 02:28

Rokubota wrote:Charlie gets a lot more criticism from fans and the guys in BG don't give a shit, he will be the producer in the next record. Frederik is here to stay beacuse the guys in the band are happy with him and his playing.

You can't force this kind of things on them.
This.

We can sum up the likelihood of a reunion with one question: Is there an opening for a drummer? Nope, they have one.
"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." -Zhuge Liang

blindgfan

#1283 Post by blindgfan » 23 Jan 2015 05:32

Edain wrote:Indeed, the Sacred Mind-chorus is stuck in my head after only two spins in two days.

Still "The Throne" is the true masterpiece on this album, as somebody else already stated. Unlike the other three main orchestral pieces it flows flawlessly, has a wonderful and tight symbiosis of orchestra and band - and if that rhytmical, dramatic prechorus followed by that soaring and glorious chorus doesn't plug your heartstrings, you have no soul.

This is the spiritual successor to And then there was Silence. It's less "trying new elements" than Ninth Wave, less orchestra-centerend than ATEOT and less folky than Grand Parade. That's how an "epic" song with equally ranking metalband, orchestra and choir should sound like.

Bold words after two listens, I know. :mrgreen:
Most choruses on this album lack the bang factor. They just come in on the same level as the rest of the song. The Throne is the clearest example.

Angus

#1284 Post by Angus » 23 Jan 2015 06:12

We should fathom the possibility that the leaked files are corrupted to a certain extent and the production isn't THAT bad.

Ryu

#1285 Post by Ryu » 23 Jan 2015 07:24

Angus wrote:We should fathom the possibility that the leaked files are corrupted to a certain extent and the production isn't THAT bad.
I've heard a lossless rip and the songs sound leagues more competent in production
Defiant of destiny

Angus

#1286 Post by Angus » 23 Jan 2015 07:46

It has nothing to do with bit rate. It's a big myth that lossless sounds better than 320 KBPS mp3. Do a placebo controlled test and you'll know what I'm talking about.

OmegaSlayer

#1287 Post by OmegaSlayer » 23 Jan 2015 09:52

If in "Ashes Of Eternity" they would have used the section at 1:40 "And from the ashes of eternity..." as the true chorus instead of the one it has it would have been a masterpiece.
The chorus of that song is the worst thing ever written by BG.
It's cringe inducting to say the least.

That still leads me to think that the guys stubbornly search the surprise solution and try too hard and that often doesn't work as it should.

Again, this for me is a great album, but not a masterpiece, and won't be even with millions of listenings.
It's a brave album indeed, but one of passage.
I can't wait that they put the orchestral album on their back and go back to refine things because it's taking too much time and it influences too much the songs.

Can't wait to listen to "Doom" as I think it will be a gem as it from another writing session where the guys were more relaxed and focused.

Ryu

#1288 Post by Ryu » 23 Jan 2015 10:55

Angus wrote:It has nothing to do with bit rate. It's a big myth that lossless sounds better than 320 KBPS mp3. Do a placebo controlled test and you'll know what I'm talking about.
Edit: I must be an idiot
Defiant of destiny

Andreas

#1289 Post by Andreas » 23 Jan 2015 11:25

I don't know you really, but when it comes to this matter, you show you aren't thinking that much. There are some things to consider. First there's this issue:
That's right, Thomen would be very busy with Serious Black right now, if he didn't have a very serious back (no pun intended) injury.

Besides, Frederik is a good drummer, he has proven that multiple times. He can do more than what he did on ATITM and ATEOT. If there's a reason why his drumming is kind of generic, it's because he doesn't get the space. Which isn't that bad, sometimes less is more. Anyway, I have no complaints. But you have complaints. This is what you should do: you shouldn't take it out on poor Frederik, but on the evil Hansi and André for not letting Frederik experiment enough.

Now as for Thomen, I just wish him a quick recovery, at least that he will be able to kick ass with Serious Black again. They need him more than Blind Guardian needs him, because BG already has a good drummer.

OmegaSlayer

#1290 Post by OmegaSlayer » 23 Jan 2015 12:23

Andreas wrote: I don't know you really, but when it comes to this matter, you show you aren't thinking that much. There are some things to consider. First there's this issue:
That's right, Thomen would be very busy with Serious Black right now, if he didn't have a very serious back (no pun intended) injury.

Besides, Frederik is a good drummer, he has proven that multiple times. He can do more than what he did on ATITM and ATEOT. If there's a reason why his drumming is kind of generic, it's because he doesn't get the space. Which isn't that bad, sometimes less is more. Anyway, I have no complaints. But you have complaints. This is what you should do: you shouldn't take it out on poor Frederik, but on the evil Hansi and André for not letting Frederik experiment enough.

Now as for Thomen, I just wish him a quick recovery, at least that he will be able to kick ass with Serious Black again. They need him more than Blind Guardian needs him, because BG already has a good drummer.
Like it should happen tomorrow. LOL
Also BG record one album every 4 year so everyone could have the time for other bands like...like...like...oh Marcus and Frederik with Sinbreed.

Frederik IS indeed a good solid drummer, just like thousands out there and unlike Thomen.
Even his stuff with Sinbreed is flat.

Still the evil Hansi and André is another good point as they have become a bit too stubborn and are even burying Marcus' work.

As I said they should now stop for a second, stop stacking new things on the sound and rebalance the BG features.
Things are cool but all over the place, randomly at times.
BG now writes great pieces of music, but you can hardly call that stuff songs.

The Thomen point is not only about the drummer, but about a guy that has written helluva great songs and surely has his weight on the sound decisions.

Wizard's Crown

#1291 Post by Wizard's Crown » 23 Jan 2015 12:39

OmegaSlayer wrote:
Andreas wrote: I don't know you really, but when it comes to this matter, you show you aren't thinking that much. There are some things to consider. First there's this issue:

Like it should happen tomorrow. LOL
Also BG record one album every 4 year so everyone could have the time for other bands like...like...like...oh Marcus and Frederik with Sinbreed.

Frederik IS indeed a good solid drummer, just like thousands out there and unlike Thomen.
Even his stuff with Sinbreed is flat.

Still the evil Hansi and André is another good point as they have become a bit too stubborn and are even burying Marcus' work.

As I said they should now stop for a second, stop stacking new things on the sound and rebalance the BG features.
Things are cool but all over the place, randomly at times.
BG now writes great pieces of music, but you can hardly call that stuff songs.

The Thomen point is not only about the drummer, but about a guy that has written helluva great songs and surely has his weight on the sound decisions.

About the sound Hansi has said that after the release of the orchestral project (which will be at the first months of 2017) the band will reconsider their sound and leave out much of the orchestral stuff from the songs...

By the way there is a new video out!

bard_92

#1292 Post by bard_92 » 23 Jan 2015 12:53

Where did you read that-about leaving the orchestral things behind and 2017 as a release date of the orchestral project???

Wizard's Crown

#1293 Post by Wizard's Crown » 23 Jan 2015 13:12

bard_92 wrote:Where did you read that-about leaving the orchestral things behind and 2017 as a release date of the orchestral project???
About the orchestral project at an interview with Andre from a Greek site. He said that the music is 95% written, they have recorded 5-6 songs and now hansi needs to record the vocals and by the end of this tour they will begin the mixing and the production.so he said that it will be out in 2017.
About the sound from an interview with hansi but I can't remember where I found it..he said that as they left out these acoustic-medieval ballads after the orchestral project they maybe leave out those orchestral stuff.

bard_92

#1294 Post by bard_92 » 23 Jan 2015 13:21

Wizard's Crown wrote:
bard_92 wrote:Where did you read that-about leaving the orchestral things behind and 2017 as a release date of the orchestral project???
About the orchestral project at an interview with Andre from a Greek site. He said that the music is 95% written, they have recorded 5-6 songs and now hansi needs to record the vocals and by the end of this tour they will begin the mixing and the production.so he said that it will be out in 2017.
About the sound from an interview with hansi but I can't remember where I found it..he said that as they left out these acoustic-medieval ballads after the orchestral project they maybe leave out those orchestral stuff.
I like the news for the orchestral project, but about leaving the orchestral stuff...that's the worst thing I have ever heard...that's just their best at, and there's no other band as good as they are in this stuff! Just hope this won't become true!
But, anyway, thanks for the info! :)

Andreas

#1295 Post by Andreas » 23 Jan 2015 13:31

OmegaSlayer wrote: The Thomen point is not only about the drummer, but about a guy that has written helluva great songs and surely has his weight on the sound decisions.
With all due respect for the man, but name just one song that Thomen contributed to since his departure from BG that even comes close to BG since ATITM. That should be an indication of how good your idea is. Sure, he made some nice albums (Dreamland Manor and As Daylight Breaks come to mind), but none of that stuff comes even close to the worst Blind Guardian stuff since Thomen's departure.

Darth Arrow

#1296 Post by Darth Arrow » 23 Jan 2015 13:49

Rokubota wrote:Btw, ATEOT is a really kick ass song, it gets better and better. This record is their best in a long time and IMO their more mature, much better than the last two records for sure.
Holy shit :!: If Rokubota says that BtRM is their best record in a long time, then my own expectations just jumped by a mile :lol: I've resisted listening to the leak and I will keep at it since the real release is only a week away. Seriously, what the fuck dudes, you've been waiting for 4½ years for a record and then you jump on a leak 1½ WEEKS before the release, jeesh :lol:
OmegaSlayer wrote:There are issues with the drumming in the latest records, everyone here realized it, I found hypocrite to not say it if I have the chance or if I try to give them a sweeter pill.
Funny, because I clearly remember back in 2006 when ATitM came out, that quite a few people were like "omg Fred's drumming is so good I didn't even remember that Thomen is not in the band anymore omg :shock: ". And now suddenly everyone has realized that there are issues with the drumming :roll:

Saying things like "everyone here realized" and "I consider BG long time friends so I can say what I want" just make you sound an arrogant prick. And I myself realize that now I'm the one sounding like an arrogant prick, but even though I don't consider you a long time friend, I consider it my equal right to be frank with you, as you want to be frank with the band :lol: No offence :wink:

Andreas

#1297 Post by Andreas » 23 Jan 2015 14:23

Darth Arrow wrote:I've resisted listening to the leak and I will keep at it since the real release is only a week away. Seriously, what the fuck dudes, you've been waiting for 4½ years for a record and then you jump on a leak 1½ WEEKS before the release, jeesh :lol:
Maybe it's because I've had copyright law as a subject on top of the fact that I consider this downloading of a leak stealing (some of you might know that I'm a rigid christian :wink: ), but I totally agree with you.

As I said earlier, when you download that stuff, you're getting access to their work in a way and at a time they did not have in mind, or at least tried to prevent. For me, that's just disrespecting the artists. The right of divulgation is the right of the artists, or the ones they appointed to exercise that right (in this case Nuclear Blast). So, if you guys download from an illegal source, it doesn't matter if buy the album when it comes out (which I want to encourage 100%). You're still guilty of copyright infringement.

OK, enough moralist Dutch uncle behavior for me today. Feel free to disagree with me, I love you all :) Or at least everyone of you seems lovely at least in a way. But please, consider the stuff I said, it's not all bullshit :P

OmegaSlayer

#1298 Post by OmegaSlayer » 23 Jan 2015 14:45

Darth Arrow wrote: Funny, because I clearly remember back in 2006 when ATitM came out, that quite a few people were like "omg Fred's drumming is so good I didn't even remember that Thomen is not in the band anymore omg :shock: ". And now suddenly everyone has realized that there are issues with the drumming :roll:

Saying things like "everyone here realized" and "I consider BG long time friends so I can say what I want" just make you sound an arrogant prick. And I myself realize that now I'm the one sounding like an arrogant prick, but even though I don't consider you a long time friend, I consider it my equal right to be frank with you, as you want to be frank with the band :lol: No offence :wink:
ATitM wasn't excellent drum wise, but it was miles better than the last 2 records.

People is voicing concerns here, I'm not the only one, yeah, not everyone, but there's a huge part here agreeing with me.
I also read in forums where people heard the leaks, from common metalheads, that they dislike the drums and missed Thomen.
You don't sound like an arrogant prick, and I like people who is frank and I don't take offence :)

Also the songs written by Thomen I mentioned were the ones written in BG.

Darth Arrow

#1299 Post by Darth Arrow » 23 Jan 2015 16:12

Andreas wrote:Maybe it's because I've had copyright law as a subject on top of the fact that I consider this downloading of a leak stealing (some of you might know that I'm a rigid christian :wink: ), but I totally agree with you.

As I said earlier, when you download that stuff, you're getting access to their work in a way and at a time they did not have in mind, or at least tried to prevent. For me, that's just disrespecting the artists. The right of divulgation is the right of the artists, or the ones they appointed to exercise that right (in this case Nuclear Blast). So, if you guys download from an illegal source, it doesn't matter if buy the album when it comes out (which I want to encourage 100%). You're still guilty of copyright infringement.

OK, enough moralist Dutch uncle behavior for me today. Feel free to disagree with me, I love you all :) Or at least everyone of you seems lovely at least in a way. But please, consider the stuff I said, it's not all bullshit :P
Heh, actually I don't give donkey's balls about copyright law, but for me it's not really that much tempting to download the leaked version. I want my virgin listen of BtRM to be from the authentic CD with the big-ass earbook-linernote-lyricbook-thingamajig, which I've preordered in december. Because I know for a fact that after 4½ years a first time listen for a new BG album will be close to a religious experience, even if I wouldn't even end up liking the album :)
OmegaSlayer wrote:ATitM wasn't excellent drum wise, but it was miles better than the last 2 records.

People is voicing concerns here, I'm not the only one, yeah, not everyone, but there's a huge part here agreeing with me.
I also read in forums where people heard the leaks, from common metalheads, that they dislike the drums and missed Thomen.
You don't sound like an arrogant prick, and I like people who is frank and I don't take offence :)

Also the songs written by Thomen I mentioned were the ones written in BG.
Yeah, and you have your right for that opinion. I do agree that the drumming especialy in NiME and ANatO was excellent and anyone would be having a hard time topping that. But even as the drums don't stand out in the same way in the latest two albums, they are not in anyway bad, and they don't distract me personally at all. I consider it a bit rude and insensitive to constantly challenge Fredericks position in the band and for Thomens return. If Thomen didin't want to continue with the band after ANatO (I thought his health problems became an issue only sometime during 2006/7, I don't know whether that had anything to do with the 2005 split with the Guardians), he sure as hell don't want to return now. It's clear that he's more "to the roots" kinda guy, while Hansi and Andre want to be constantly changing.

Same thing as all the bashing Bauerfeind gets for his work. I think that too is a bit rude and insensitive, as the band clearly wants to work with him, and I'm sure they've heard the conserns many times now.

Andreas

#1300 Post by Andreas » 23 Jan 2015 16:38

Darth Arrow wrote:
Andreas wrote:Maybe it's because I've had copyright law as a subject on top of the fact that I consider this downloading of a leak stealing (some of you might know that I'm a rigid christian :wink: ), but I totally agree with you.

Heh, actually I don't give donkey's balls about copyright law, but for me it's not really that much tempting to download the leaked version. I want my virgin listen of BtRM to be from the authentic CD with the big-ass earbook-linernote-lyricbook-thingamajig, which I've preordered in december. Because I know for a fact that after 4½ years a first time listen for a new BG album will be close to a religious experience, even if I wouldn't even end up liking the album :)
Yes I know, but I took it to a whole new level :P