NC show

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
nckissfan

NC show

#1 Post by nckissfan » 01 Nov 2010 01:15

hey, anyone going to the BG show in Raleigh? I will be there.

jophelerks

Re: NC show

#2 Post by jophelerks » 17 Dec 2010 18:46

Just found out that I'll be able to go. \m/ I'll be there too.

Josiah92

#3 Post by Josiah92 » 17 Dec 2010 22:19

I'm going!!! Soooooo stoked! Me and my buddies are gonna bring banners that say "And Then There Was Silence" and chant for them to play it. If I see BG perform that song live, I can die a happy man... :mrgreen:

GreenAjah

#4 Post by GreenAjah » 19 Dec 2010 14:00

I am certainly going to attempt it! Just saw the Asheville show, which rocked so hard I'm having really bad withdrawals and need to see them again. I literally just made a little list of all the things I need to do in order to make it to the show from Tennessee, so pray for me guys, hehe! Going to Vegas for the first time in one week, and I honestly could care less with this show looming in the horizon. I am seriously thinking things like "I wish Blind Guardian happened to be playing there when we go...", so yeah. :D
"Raise this banner high. Don't take it down again until the Last Battle has been won. I march beneath the sign of the wolf!"

mrsmica

#5 Post by mrsmica » 22 Dec 2010 15:35

I went to the show last night and it was a blast! Still have the songs they played in my head!

TraneDeracs

#6 Post by TraneDeracs » 22 Dec 2010 18:37

A little review of the show in Raleigh right here....

Seventh Kingdoms opened up. Being that I've never heard them before I didn't know what to expect. The music, delivery, and performance was decent, however the lead singer tried to win over many of the audience members on pure sex appeal alone. Not to mention the way she moved, had these strange sexual mannerisms and other shaking movements meant to do nothing else but to stir attention from the sixteen year olds in the audience...

Holy Grail kicked it up a notch. Definetely a promising band if they can move forward in the writing/composition department. When the guitarist had a little malfunction the other lead entertained us with a few jokes.

"What do Jews and metalheads have in common?"
"They both prefer the Old Testament." (old Testament)

Good laughs.

And of course, Blind Guardian topped it off with an amazing set-list, brilliant delivery, and everything else the bards are known for. The crowd loved it, everyone knew each and every song, and not a single person went home disappointed. Hansi even fist bumped me! The songs they picked were first class, Majesty was played, and it was an event I will remember for years to come.

nckissfan

#7 Post by nckissfan » 22 Dec 2010 23:59

Blind Guardian was great, glad I finally got to see them live. Hansi looked to be fighting a cold. He would step off stage and drink something from a cup, looked to be something to help his throat. He was great, though! I hope they return to NC sometime, they are a great live band.

Holy Grail, well, I did not like them. They were pure CHEESE. The singer was annoying as hell 99% of the time, including when he was talking. Music was a jumbled mess. Sorry, didn't work for me.

Seven Kingdoms sounded really good. The band was good, as well. The singer has a decent voice, not very good stage presence. I heard a backing vocal track being used, which if you are not singing in time with, it will sound bad, which it did on occasion. They were better than Holy Grail, imo.

Led Guardian

#8 Post by Led Guardian » 23 Dec 2010 19:22

@nckissfan: Were you in Z Pizza before the show by any chance?
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

nckissfan

#9 Post by nckissfan » 23 Dec 2010 21:33

haha,why yes i was. I had a few Fat Tire beers, and a sandwich.

Led Guardian

#10 Post by Led Guardian » 23 Dec 2010 22:49

I think I saw you. I thought I recognized you from that one picture you posted in some thread. My friend, the scruffy fellow with the really long hair, asked if you were seeing BG. I was the person sitting across from him.

Yes, I know this seems a little creepy. :lol:
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'