Stephen King Tribute Night?

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Post Reply
Message
Author
TraneDeracs
Posts: 73
Joined: 04 Jan 2008 16:40

Stephen King Tribute Night?

#1 Post by TraneDeracs » 13 Sep 2010 17:48

At first, Demons and Wizards is to play the entire first album.

And the rest, is to be nothing other than a simle nod using all specific songs attributed to the many songs inspired by Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series. Threw in Imaginations because it could fit and add to the setlist. I made the list in chronological order from the Wizard and Glass past on through to the very end using songs which fit the timeline of the the series itself.

1. Crimson King - Good opener.
2. Somewhere Far Beyond - The Gunslinger and The Drawing of the Three.
3. Another Stranger Me (the schizophrenic personality in the song is an exact reference to Susannah).
4. Terror Train - The Wastlelands
5. Seize the Day - The Wastlelands/Wizard and Glass
6. The Gunslinger - Wizard and Glass/Wolves of the Calla
7. Wicked Witch - Rhea of the Coos/Mia from Wizard and Glass, Wolves, Song of Susannah
8. Beneath These Waves - Has many references in there.
9. Imaginations From the Other Side (for its reference to fantasy)
10. Carry the Blessed Home - About Jake and Roland in the end of The Dark Tower.

Tell me what you all think of the idea for the setlist. Feel free to add songs, edit the set-list, etc. at your leisure.

"A Night in Mid-World". "A Night in Gilead". The possibilities are endless.
Last edited by TraneDeracs on 14 Sep 2010 15:47, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Avelar
Posts: 366
Joined: 08 Jan 2010 14:02

Re: Stephen King Tribute Night?

#2 Post by Avelar » 13 Sep 2010 19:27

Cool :) Is Stephen King invited?

I haven't listen to the second D&W album and I am surprised that there are so many songs dedicated to The Dark Tower series. Seems like it is the most used source of inspiration for Hansi.
Just keep in mind, this world is sacred.

User avatar
Alija Vila
Posts: 237
Joined: 19 Aug 2009 14:58
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina

Re: Stephen King Tribute Night?

#3 Post by Alija Vila » 13 Sep 2010 20:35

I really like it, however I would rather call it Dark Tower Tribute Night.
You don't have songs like Guardian of the Blind, Tommyknockers or Follow the Blind there.
But again, I got the point, it is a Stephen King tribute...
:wink:

P.S. Just noticed a chance to be annoying again - first song is called Crimson King. xD
Touched by the Crimson King - Good opener.

Led Guardian
Posts: 2440
Joined: 26 Mar 2008 21:08
Location: Somewhere less cliché than far beyond

Re: Stephen King Tribute Night?

#4 Post by Led Guardian » 13 Sep 2010 21:07

TraneDeracs wrote:At first, Demons and Wizards is to play the entire first album.

And the rest, is to be nothing other than a simle nod using all specific songs attributed to the many songs inspired by Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series. Threw in Imaginations because it could fit and add to the setlist. I made the list in chronological order from the Wizard and Glass past on through to the very end using songs which fit the timeline of the the series itself.

1. Touched by the Crimson King - Good opener.
2. Somewhere Far Beyond - The Gunslinger and The Drawing of the Three.
3. Another Stranger Me (the schizophrenic personality in the song is an exact reference to Susannah).
4. Terror Train - The Wastlelands
5. Seize the Day - The Wastlelands/Wizard and Glass
6. The Gunslinger - Wizard and Glass/Wolves of the Calla
7. Wicked Witch - Rhea of the Coos/Mia from Wizard and Glass, Wolves, Song of Susannah
8. Beneath These Waves - Has many references in there.
9. Imaginations From the Other Side (for its reference to fantasy)
10. Carry the Blessed Home - About Jake and Roland in the end of The Dark Tower.

Tell me what you all think of the idea for the setlist. Feel free to add songs, edit the set-list, etc. at your leisure.

"A Night in Mid-World". "A Night in Gilead". The possibilities are endless.
A quibble with your list: In an interview that I cannot find currently, I recall Hansi saying that only Crimson King, Terror Train, and the Gunslinger were based on the Dark Tower. Seize the Day I think was Schaffer's attempt at an LotR song, and Wicked Witch I know Hansi said is about the Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz. So you're list will have to be a tad shorter. :wink:
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Stephen King Tribute Night?

#5 Post by bestpike » 13 Sep 2010 21:15

Good list. Only problem is, many of the songs are either totally irrelevant to the Dark Tower or have never been mentioned by Hansi as being so.

Another Stranger Me for example Hansi has never mentioned it was inspired by the Dark Tower. He has only said that its just about a person with split personalities.What is the exact reference to Sussannah and why its 100% sure its from there and there only?

The Wicked Witch is the Wicked Witch from Wizard of Oz. The silver shoes makes it pretty specific :D.

Beneath These Waves is about Moby Dick.

Seize the Day is a Lord of the Rings song. http://www.seaoftranquility.org/article.php?sid=455

But there are some other King songs, like Guardian of the Blind, Tommyknockers, Follow the Blind.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

User avatar
Alija Vila
Posts: 237
Joined: 19 Aug 2009 14:58
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina

Re: Stephen King Tribute Night?

#6 Post by Alija Vila » 13 Sep 2010 21:30

He also said that other songs (not the Dark Tower trio) on 2nd D&W album can be "freely interpreted" and I think they are all loosely based on Dark Tower by S. King. Hansi was under heavy DT influence in that period .
There is a really cool interview on Bosnian Metal site about D&W, I can translate it if you want.

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Stephen King Tribute Night?

#7 Post by bestpike » 13 Sep 2010 21:42

Alija Vila wrote:He also said that other songs (not the Dark Tower trio) on 2nd D&W album can be "freely interpreted" and I think they are all loosely based on Dark Tower by S. King. Hansi was under heavy DT influence in that period .
There is a really cool interview on Bosnian Metal site about D&W, I can translate it if you want.
Weird because here he kinda says the exact opposite http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=38707.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

Led Guardian
Posts: 2440
Joined: 26 Mar 2008 21:08
Location: Somewhere less cliché than far beyond

Re: Stephen King Tribute Night?

#8 Post by Led Guardian » 13 Sep 2010 21:49

bestpike wrote:Good list. Only problem is, many of the songs are either totally irrelevant to the Dark Tower or have never been mentioned by Hansi as being so.

Another Stranger Me for example Hansi has never mentioned it was inspired by the Dark Tower. He has only said that its just about a person with split personalities.What is the exact reference to Sussannah and why its 100% sure its from there and there only?

The Wicked Witch is the Wicked Witch from Wizard of Oz. The silver shoes makes it pretty specific :D.

Beneath These Waves is about Moby Dick.

Seize the Day is a Lord of the Rings song. http://www.seaoftranquility.org/article.php?sid=455

But there are some other King songs, like Guardian of the Blind, Tommyknockers, Follow the Blind.
Got a couple of those, but I completely missed the presence of Beneath These Waves. Not sure how it could be mistaken for a Dark Tower song. I mean "I am forever Ahab" makes the topic pretty clear. :wink:
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

User avatar
Alija Vila
Posts: 237
Joined: 19 Aug 2009 14:58
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina

Re: Stephen King Tribute Night?

#9 Post by Alija Vila » 14 Sep 2010 10:29

bestpike wrote:
Alija Vila wrote:He also said that other songs (not the Dark Tower trio) on 2nd D&W album can be "freely interpreted" and I think they are all loosely based on Dark Tower by S. King. Hansi was under heavy DT influence in that period .
There is a really cool interview on Bosnian Metal site about D&W, I can translate it if you want.
Weird because here he kinda says the exact opposite http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=38707.
No he did not.
Hansi Kürsch: "There is a truth in it! Some of the songs are related to the book, like the title of the album 'Touched by the Crimson King'. Somehow people tend to think it´s a concept album, but there are only three songs about the 'Dark Tower' and that's 'Crimson King', 'The Gunslinger' and 'Terror Train'. I think it's King's best story and he put a lot of elements in that story about his own creation so..."
He only "confirmed" that 3 song are really about Dark Tower and other things... well, they probably can be a experienced in many ways. For an example, I see Beneath These Waves as a song about revenge, but it's told through metaphors (Ahab, the sea..)

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Stephen King Tribute Night?

#10 Post by bestpike » 14 Sep 2010 11:00

Alija Vila wrote: No he did not.
Somehow people tend to think it´s a concept album, but there are only three songs about the 'Dark Tower' and that's 'Crimson King', 'The Gunslinger' and 'Terror Train'.

What don't you get here? ONLY THREE SONGS. The End. If there were such metaphors he would've mentioned it. Although it sounds ridiculous, Beneath these Waves is clearly about Moby Dick, from first line to last. Same with Wicked Witch. Seize the Day isn't clearly about Lotr I'll agree here. Are you telling me that when he says mast-heads, harpooners, Ahab, silver shoes, wicked witch, yellow brick road, Dorian, he actually means other things?
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

User avatar
Alija Vila
Posts: 237
Joined: 19 Aug 2009 14:58
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina

Re: Stephen King Tribute Night?

#11 Post by Alija Vila » 14 Sep 2010 12:52

bestpike wrote:
Alija Vila wrote: No he did not.
Somehow people tend to think it´s a concept album, but there are only three songs about the 'Dark Tower' and that's 'Crimson King', 'The Gunslinger' and 'Terror Train'.

What don't you get here? ONLY THREE SONGS. The End. If there were such metaphors he would've mentioned it. Although it sounds ridiculous, Beneath these Waves is clearly about Moby Dick, from first line to last. Same with Wicked Witch. Seize the Day isn't clearly about Lotr I'll agree here. Are you telling me that when he says mast-heads, harpooners, Ahab, silver shoes, wicked witch, yellow brick road, Dorian, he actually means other things?
Hehe, you got me wrong.
I agree with you that only 3 songs are indeed about Dark Tower.
And I agree that Beneath these Waves "speaks" about Moby Dick novel and Wicked Witch about Wicked Witch from the Wizard of Oz. xD
Just saying he was under Dark Tower influence and other songs might have few links with it in an emotional and atmospheric way.
Are you telling me that when he says mast-heads, harpooners, Ahab, silver shoes, wicked witch, yellow brick road, Dorian, he actually means other things?
I never wanted to say that, but I feel that Beneath these Waves is about everyone who feels like Ahab, not only Ahab himself.
But I think the same for most of Hani's songs.

TraneDeracs
Posts: 73
Joined: 04 Jan 2008 16:40

Re: Stephen King Tribute Night?

#12 Post by TraneDeracs » 14 Sep 2010 15:45

I recall reading on Wikipedia back in the day that many songs could be interpreted either way. Not sure if that was the way they were meant to be interpreted, but in the end the song "Beneath These Waves" could reference the matters in The Drawing of the Three.

It's music. It has many meanings depending on who you are. Nonetheless, they could be fine additions to the concert in question.

User avatar
Andreas
Posts: 4533
Joined: 10 Aug 2009 18:09
Location: Potsdam, Germany

Re: Stephen King Tribute Night?

#13 Post by Andreas » 14 Sep 2010 16:56

As for Wicked Witch: there's alot of references to The Wizard of Oz in The Dark Tower, so in a way, it belongs to the Dark Tower :P

User avatar
Dentarthurdent
Posts: 4227
Joined: 08 May 2008 17:17
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Contact:

Re: Stephen King Tribute Night?

#14 Post by Dentarthurdent » 14 Sep 2010 18:08

I always thought that BG had way more Stephen King/Dark Tower-based songs.
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

TraneDeracs
Posts: 73
Joined: 04 Jan 2008 16:40

Re: Stephen King Tribute Night?

#15 Post by TraneDeracs » 14 Sep 2010 18:22

Andreas wrote:As for Wicked Witch: there's alot of references to The Wizard of Oz in The Dark Tower, so in a way, it belongs to the Dark Tower :P
Not to mention that Rhea of the Coos is a direct connection because of "Wizard and Glass".

Beneath these Waves deals with oceans. Something Roland, Eddie, and Susanaah battle in the second novel. And Seize the Day mentions "The Western Shore" where Roland encounters the doorways on the beach.

So yes, those two songs are definetely Dark Tower related.
Why not even throw in "Winter of Souls"? It is about Mordred and the Dark Tower series is almost a science fiction, fantasy, horror elemented sequel to the original King Arthur tales, not to mention "Le' Morte De Arthur". Yes, I know Mordred's Song could fit here as well but since it's played so often...we can substitute it for this one.

Edit - Read the lyrics to "Seize the Day". They reference the Dark Tower as well....

On and one this is my way
I've made up my mind
But will I find what I search for
Soon I will reach the western shore
Far behind in the distance
Lie the fires of doom
There's a voice deep inside me
The tower knows who you are

The road goes on and on
Tomorrow I'll be gone
The road goes on and on
Tomorrow I'll be gone

I hear him say

We'll seize the day
Too many roads we've traveled on
Home lies behind

The world lies straight ahead
We'll seize the day
Now there's one thing left to do
Destiny we hold in hand
We'll seize the day
Until the end we'll carry on
Home lies behind the world likes straight ahead
We'll seize the day
Now there's one thing left to do
We'll seize the day

All along this is my way
I better move on
Pure in heart and fair-minded
For strength and truth
I'll keep on
Keep the one that has passed on
And leave the others behind
All alone and without me

I hear him say

We'll seize the day
Too many roads we've traveled on
Home lies behind
The world lies straight ahead
We'll seize the day
Now there's one thing left to do
Destiny we hold in hand
We'll seize the day
Until the end we'll carry on
Home lies behind the world likes straight ahead
We'll seize the day
Now there's one thing left to do
We'll seize the day
So stay with me we'll carry on
We'll seize the day
See the winding road goes on
We'll seize the day

Italics shows the direct references to Roland. I know it also shows the journey of Frodo and Samwise, but it also contains references to the Dark Tower series... so in a sense it can be both.

Led Guardian
Posts: 2440
Joined: 26 Mar 2008 21:08
Location: Somewhere less cliché than far beyond

Re: Stephen King Tribute Night?

#16 Post by Led Guardian » 14 Sep 2010 20:40

TraneDeracs wrote:
Andreas wrote:As for Wicked Witch: there's alot of references to The Wizard of Oz in The Dark Tower, so in a way, it belongs to the Dark Tower :P
Not to mention that Rhea of the Coos is a direct connection because of "Wizard and Glass".

Beneath these Waves deals with oceans. Something Roland, Eddie, and Susanaah battle in the second novel. And Seize the Day mentions "The Western Shore" where Roland encounters the doorways on the beach.

So yes, those two songs are definetely Dark Tower related.
Why not even throw in "Winter of Souls"? It is about Mordred and the Dark Tower series is almost a science fiction, fantasy, horror elemented sequel to the original King Arthur tales, not to mention "Le' Morte De Arthur". Yes, I know Mordred's Song could fit here as well but since it's played so often...we can substitute it for this one.

Edit - Read the lyrics to "Seize the Day". They reference the Dark Tower as well....


Italics shows the direct references to Roland. I know it also shows the journey of Frodo and Samwise, but it also contains references to the Dark Tower series... so in a sense it can be both.
:roll:
Except they're not because the writer of the lyrics didn't write them about the Dark Tower. Especially Beneath These Waves. I mean yeah, it's easy to make such a connection when you ignore half the lyrics, including a name.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

User avatar
Cigoth
Posts: 166
Joined: 25 Jun 2010 02:21
Location: In the deepest void

Re: Stephen King Tribute Night?

#17 Post by Cigoth » 15 Sep 2010 01:07

What about Love's Tragedy Asunder and Down Where I Am?
I think they both have a sort of reference or connection to the Dark Tower (the first song refers to Roland's relation with Susan, and the second song refers to Roland's relationship with Mordred).

It's just like Beneath These Waves where Ahab's obsession with Moby Dick can be compared to Roland's obsession with the Dark Tower.
What started in the underworld,
It should be finished here and now.

TraneDeracs
Posts: 73
Joined: 04 Jan 2008 16:40

Re: Stephen King Tribute Night?

#18 Post by TraneDeracs » 15 Sep 2010 02:14

Led Guardian wrote:
TraneDeracs wrote:
Andreas wrote:As for Wicked Witch: there's alot of references to The Wizard of Oz in The Dark Tower, so in a way, it belongs to the Dark Tower :P
Not to mention that Rhea of the Coos is a direct connection because of "Wizard and Glass".

Beneath these Waves deals with oceans. Something Roland, Eddie, and Susanaah battle in the second novel. And Seize the Day mentions "The Western Shore" where Roland encounters the doorways on the beach.

So yes, those two songs are definetely Dark Tower related.
Why not even throw in "Winter of Souls"? It is about Mordred and the Dark Tower series is almost a science fiction, fantasy, horror elemented sequel to the original King Arthur tales, not to mention "Le' Morte De Arthur". Yes, I know Mordred's Song could fit here as well but since it's played so often...we can substitute it for this one.

Edit - Read the lyrics to "Seize the Day". They reference the Dark Tower as well....


Italics shows the direct references to Roland. I know it also shows the journey of Frodo and Samwise, but it also contains references to the Dark Tower series... so in a sense it can be both.
:roll:
Except they're not because the writer of the lyrics didn't write them about the Dark Tower. Especially Beneath These Waves. I mean yeah, it's easy to make such a connection when you ignore half the lyrics, including a name.
They have a double meaning. Many of the stories parralel the Dark Tower. Ahab's obsession with The White Whale, Roland's obsession with the Dark Tower. Many of them show two stories taking place hence why they were included.

You can't ignore the Tower reference in Seize the Day. And no, it's not Barad Dur.

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Stephen King Tribute Night?

#19 Post by bestpike » 15 Sep 2010 03:11

TraneDeracs wrote:]They have a double meaning. Many of the stories parralel the Dark Tower. Ahab's obsession with The White Whale, Roland's obsession with the Dark Tower. Many of them show two stories taking place hence why they were included.

You can't ignore the Tower reference in Seize the Day. And no, it's not Barad Dur.
Sure, references are in there of course. The references aren't objective though, its not something solid. You read about towers, you may say that its a 9/11 reference and noone can say anything to prove you wrong. I can tell you that Seize the Day is about 9/11, a message to seize the day after the deaths of so many people and whatnot. Though I don't know why doubt Hansi's words when he says only 3 songs in the album are about the Dark Tower. I mean, if there were intended references, then its funny Hansi himself doesn't know it, because he would've mentioned it himself that the whole album is Dark Tower influenced don't you think?

But why wonder about references or double meanings when we have interviews:


So, what’s the concept for this album?

Jon:There really isn’t a concept, even with the artwork, when you see the whole package laid out. There are three songs that are based on Stephen King’s “Dark Tower” series and that’s Hansi’s thing because he’s the one that read it, I haven’t. He usually comes up with the themes for the lyrics. I have contributed to the lyrics on just about every song, but he’s the one that sketches out the basic lyrical ideas and then we finish it up together. It’s just a conglomeration of a lot of different fantasy and sci-fi ideas. I mean, when you look at the album cover it almost has a Martian landscape or it could look like hell. It’s red, there are mountains and pyramids in the back, and that has to with a few songs. So, there isn’t really a concept or theme going on.

and

KP - I have a couple of "Demons & Wizards" questions for you. The Dark Tower series as an inspiration is a good idea since it combines both the elements of Fantasy and Horror at the same time which are trademarks of both bands- whose idea was this Demons & Wizards epic?

SCHAFFER – No that was Hansi, I haven't read it. I used to be a Stephen King fan you know some of the old stuff I liked and I guess fan would be a little bit strong but I did like some of his books. I can't even remember but there was a couple that I tried reading years ago but I could not even get past the first few pages. So it's not my thing but Hansi was the one that came up with doing the theme based on this. Now there is only three songs based on that and the rest of it is not. You have "Seize The Day" which is based on "Lord Of The Rings" and that was kind of my idea actually believe it or not knowing Hansi to be the big "Lord Of The Rings" fan. That piece of music I wrote back during the Horror Show sessions and I was out riding my Harley one day and I had that going through my mind and I came home and recorded the demo and laid it all out and I never really heard this as a song that would have vocal parts. I kind of felt that song to be an instrumental. Yet it was cool and it had this vibe to it, but I decided it did not fit the context of Horror Show, so I shelved it for awhile and that's it. Met Hansi years later and I said you know I think this would be cool to write this about Frodo and Sam traveling through the Wastelands trying to get to the whatever, you know I am not even a big Lord Of The Rings fan so I forget.


That's solid enough for me. You might like finding imaginary references though, whatever turns someone on. Thank god there is the Internet, where people with crazy ideas like you can be easily refuted. I'm not blaming you or anything, but really don't pull information out of thin air and pass it as the truth. "You can't ignore the Tower reference"?. That implies that there is one in the first place, and there isn't I'm afraid. You just think there is, and I guess noone can stop you from thinking anything, because you see only what you want to see in the end. Even when the creator of the music says there isn't anything there I have no doubt you will continue to think that there is.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

TraneDeracs
Posts: 73
Joined: 04 Jan 2008 16:40

Re: Stephen King Tribute Night?

#20 Post by TraneDeracs » 15 Sep 2010 06:46

bestpike wrote:
TraneDeracs wrote:]They have a double meaning. Many of the stories parralel the Dark Tower. Ahab's obsession with The White Whale, Roland's obsession with the Dark Tower. Many of them show two stories taking place hence why they were included.

You can't ignore the Tower reference in Seize the Day. And no, it's not Barad Dur.
Sure, references are in there of course. The references aren't objective though, its not something solid. You read about towers, you may say that its a 9/11 reference and noone can say anything to prove you wrong. I can tell you that Seize the Day is about 9/11, a message to seize the day after the deaths of so many people and whatnot. Though I don't know why doubt Hansi's words when he says only 3 songs in the album are about the Dark Tower. I mean, if there were intended references, then its funny Hansi himself doesn't know it, because he would've mentioned it himself that the whole album is Dark Tower influenced don't you think?

But why wonder about references or double meanings when we have interviews:


So, what’s the concept for this album?

Jon:There really isn’t a concept, even with the artwork, when you see the whole package laid out. There are three songs that are based on Stephen King’s “Dark Tower” series and that’s Hansi’s thing because he’s the one that read it, I haven’t. He usually comes up with the themes for the lyrics. I have contributed to the lyrics on just about every song, but he’s the one that sketches out the basic lyrical ideas and then we finish it up together. It’s just a conglomeration of a lot of different fantasy and sci-fi ideas. I mean, when you look at the album cover it almost has a Martian landscape or it could look like hell. It’s red, there are mountains and pyramids in the back, and that has to with a few songs. So, there isn’t really a concept or theme going on.

and

KP - I have a couple of "Demons & Wizards" questions for you. The Dark Tower series as an inspiration is a good idea since it combines both the elements of Fantasy and Horror at the same time which are trademarks of both bands- whose idea was this Demons & Wizards epic?

SCHAFFER – No that was Hansi, I haven't read it. I used to be a Stephen King fan you know some of the old stuff I liked and I guess fan would be a little bit strong but I did like some of his books. I can't even remember but there was a couple that I tried reading years ago but I could not even get past the first few pages. So it's not my thing but Hansi was the one that came up with doing the theme based on this. Now there is only three songs based on that and the rest of it is not. You have "Seize The Day" which is based on "Lord Of The Rings" and that was kind of my idea actually believe it or not knowing Hansi to be the big "Lord Of The Rings" fan. That piece of music I wrote back during the Horror Show sessions and I was out riding my Harley one day and I had that going through my mind and I came home and recorded the demo and laid it all out and I never really heard this as a song that would have vocal parts. I kind of felt that song to be an instrumental. Yet it was cool and it had this vibe to it, but I decided it did not fit the context of Horror Show, so I shelved it for awhile and that's it. Met Hansi years later and I said you know I think this would be cool to write this about Frodo and Sam traveling through the Wastelands trying to get to the whatever, you know I am not even a big Lord Of The Rings fan so I forget.


That's solid enough for me. You might like finding imaginary references though, whatever turns someone on. Thank god there is the Internet, where people with crazy ideas like you can be easily refuted. I'm not blaming you or anything, but really don't pull information out of thin air and pass it as the truth. "You can't ignore the Tower reference"?. That implies that there is one in the first place, and there isn't I'm afraid. You just think there is, and I guess noone can stop you from thinking anything, because you see only what you want to see in the end. Even when the creator of the music says there isn't anything there I have no doubt you will continue to think that there is.
Whatever man. There was something written about this elsewhere, but these aren't just "imaginary references" here. Believe what you wish to believe. It may be said that is about Lord of the Rings, but in the end there are similarities lyric-wise betwe....why the fuck am I arguing over this? Holy shit.

It may not be a concept album per say, but the parallels exist there between the stories. It can be used as a reference to The Dark Tower series, therefore I stick with it.

:roll:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests